Celtic Rider Ireland self-Drive Car Tours is officially approved by Tourism Ireland and Failte Ireland.
Proud Winner of National Small Firms association ‘Outstanding Small Business 2013’ awarded to Celtic Rider Motorcycle Rental & Tours Ireland.
Celtic Rider Motorcycle & Car Rental in Ireland has compiled a selection of award winning self-guided tours with routes and accommodation included in the price. This has taken quite some effort on our part but we feel it to be a wonderful option for our clients. We have found from our clients feedback from 2007, that they were extremely happy with our choice of quality Irish B&B or hotel accommodation and location in traditional towns and villages. Our driving routes are specifically designed to maximize our clients visual experiences of this beautiful rugged country and of course, the stunning west coast of Ireland and the newly opened Wild Atlantic Way route, the world’s longest defined coastal drive. All cars are automatic transmission and are fitted with Garmin Zumo 595 GPS to get you to your accommodation each day along our award winning routes, without the hassle of getting lost. Also the Garmin can easily be set to avoid main roads etc., this guarantees to keep you on minor country roads. The choice is yours to make on a daily basis…
Day 1 Dublin to Donegal
- Transfer to collect car, then enjoy our safety orientation course
- Depart Celtic Rider Rental station heading north west across the agricultural midlands of Ireland, via the N3, stopping for lunch at the ‘Lakeside Manor Hotel’ beside lovely lake Ramor in Virginia.
- Arrive at Donegal, a bustling country town full of colourful shops and quaint restaurants and pubs, enter accommodation and check into Irish guesthouse accommodation.
- Donegal has a 15th century Castle, ancestral home of the 0’Donnell clan, with a nice church opposite the castle.
- Magee’s of Donegal, famous for Irish wool clothing and Irish designed produce is well worth visiting.
Reels Pub is good for Irish traditional music, and I can personally recommend either ‘The Harbour’ or ‘The Olde Castle ‘restaurants, however the choice is yours and we recommend that you also explore for your own gems.
Day 2 Westport to Westport
- Follow the Garmin route up through Barnesmore gap, a smugglers haven in time gone by
- Continue the drive to the stunning Glenveagh National Park and Castle in North West Donegal, with the majestic Derryveagh mountains all around. The Castle is set in a beautiful garden, nice to relax in for a while, have some refreshments and enjoy the short guided tour of the Castle itself.
- Departing Glenveagh note Mount Errigal, Ireland’s most iconic mountain, with its quartzite summit.
- Continue driving along the route through wild and remote Donegal to Ardara, than ride the Glengash mountain pass
Onwards to Carrick, than Teelin village, follow the route to ‘The Rusty’ a small old pub and just 100 metres after the pub you turn right to the start of the ascent to the highest sea cliffs in Europe, Slieve League Cliffs, at 2000 ft high
The drive up is as memorable as the amazing view from the upper parking area, accessed by opening a farm gate on the way up. Often there are trawlers fishing, they look like tiny dots on the Atlantic ocean from the summit of the cliffs.
Return to Donegal accommodation via Killybegs, Ireland’s deep sea fishing port, very photographic coastal town
- Travel back to Celtic Rider
- Again, enjoy the agricultural midlands of Ireland as you drive back in the opposite direction to Day one.
Continue to Celtic Rider Rental station.
We will assist with unpacking, check over of car and paperwork before arranging drop off to your hotel or Dublin Airport
Pricing & Details – 3 Day Mini North Western Tour
Category A - Compact Car
- €1,255 Two People, One Room
- Volkswagen Golf, Opel Astra or simiar
Category B - Saloon Car
- €1,850 Four People, Two Rooms
- Škoda Octavia, Volkswagen Passat or similar
Category C - Minivan/People Carrier
- €2,460 Six People, Three Rooms
- Ford Galaxy or similar
Although our chosen accommodation providers are a blend of four star guesthouses and hotels which were hand-selected by Paul Rawlins, it is possible to upgrade your package to a five star accommodation tour. Also, it is possible to request a night in a castle, on a golf course or somewhere that you can take a boat ride. Our team of Celtic Rider staff are on hand to assist with your every request, please inquire about any day trips or specific accommodation that you desire.
The Celtic Rider Package
- Transfer to and from Celtic Rider Rental Station from either Dublin City or Dublin Airport
- Accommodation in Irish owned B&B guesthouses of a very high standard, personally hand selected by Paul Rawlins, founder of Celtic Rider
Sit through our award winning 2 hour Safety Orientation Course specifically designed for drivers from countries that drive on the rights hand side of the road. This is guaranteed to enhance your overall touring experience here in Ireland and has proven to be an invaluable experience for all of our past clients.
- You are covered with fully comprehensive insurance and we request no damage deposit for car tours!
All of our car tours set off with a full tank of fuel, please bring your car back full. There is a gas station only 2 kilometres from our premises.
- All of our cars are set up with the latest Garmin Zumo 595. Our award winning tours are pre-programmed for each day’s route. You will receive a map and a detailed itinerary at the beginning of your tour.
Breakdown cover is included.
Celtic Rider merchandise for everyone! This is inclusive of a t-shirt, baseball cap, neck buff, fleece hoody, badges and embroidery patch
If you do not have enough room in your car for your luggage you are welcome to store your luggage at our dedicated Luggage Storage Room for free.
A full breakfast is included every morning at your lodgings.
Some of Our Small Print
Drivers must be over 25 years of age and hold a full car licence for a minimum of one year. If any passengers wish to drive this is ok subject to prior arrangement, we simply ask all prospective drivers to sign the rental agreement and take a photocopy of their driving license.
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions