Celtic Rider Ireland self-Drive Car Tours is officially approved by Tourism Ireland and Failte Ireland.
Proud Winner of National Small Firms association ‘Outstanding Small Business 2013’ awarded to Celtic Rider Motorcycle Rental & Tours Ireland.
Celtic Rider Motorcycle & Car Rental in Ireland has compiled a selection of award winning self-guided tours with routes and accommodation included in the price. This has taken quite some effort on our part but we feel it to be a wonderful option for our clients. We have found from our clients feedback from 2007, that they were extremely happy with our choice of quality Irish B&B or hotel accommodation and location in traditional towns and villages. All cars are fitted with Garmin Zumo 595 GPS to get you to your accommodation without the hassle of getting lost. Also the Garmin can easily be set to avoid main roads etc., this guarantees to keep you on minor country roads. The choice is yours to make on a daily basis…
Day 1 Dubin to Westport
- Transfer to collect car, then enjoy our safety orientation course.
Depart Celtic Rider Rental station heading west across the midlands of Ireland, via the M5, than N4 to Castlebar, onwards to Westport.
Longford town is 75 miles from Celtic Rider, a slight detour off the route will bring you to Longford Arms Hotel (located in your Garmin under Favourites). This is a comfortable and yet vibrant hotel on main street. It is the halfway point between Celtic Rider and Westport, good place for carvery lunch.
Arrive at Westport, a bustling country town full of colourful shops and quaint restaurants and pubs, voted best town in Ireland, 2012.
Check into Irish guesthouse accommodation.
Westport is an 18th century designed town with tree-lined streets and Georgian architecture.
Westport House is open to the public, fine example of an Irish Mansion house.
Have a social drink in Matt Malloy’s (Chieftains) pub in Westport. There are great traditional small pubs traditional Irish music sessions and nice restaurants in this vibrant town.
Day 2 Westport to Westport
- Leaving Westport for Maam Cross we are now heading for the spiritually haunting experience of Connemara national park, a magical ride
From Maam cross drive to Roundstone, a coastal village, then continue to Clifden
- From Clifden town take the aptly named ‘Sky Road’ with outstanding sea views are you drive higher and higher to the viewing area
Continue to Kylemore abbey for hot scones and freshly brewed tea This is a magnificent Benedictine Abbey in a stunningly beautiful wooded valley
- Ride to Leenane village look at Irelands deepest Fjord, than drive the incredible and narrow Doo Lough mountain pass, the Gem of Mayo, with towering mountains on either side of you
Doo Lough Pass is steeped in history, some quite sad as many Irish people died of starvation along this pass during the great hunger, the famine years of the late 1840s.
There is a stone cross commemorating those who perished and a famine walk every year along this stunningly beautiful area. The words on the cross are very poignant and it is worthwhile to stop here for a short while.
Drive back now Westport via Louisburgh and admire Irelands holy mountain ‘Croagh Patrick’ en route back to Westport
- Travel back to Celtic Rider via Castlebar, Roscommon.
Again, enjoy the agricultural midlands of Ireland as you drive back in the opposite direction to Day one.
Continue to Celtic Rider Rental station after fuelling up the car, enter last fuel stop, located in Favourites.
We will assist with unpacking, check over of car and paperwork before arranging drop off to your hotel or Dublin Airport
Pricing & Details – 3 Day Mini Western Tour
Category A - Compact Car
- €1,255 Two People, One Room
- Volkswagen Golf, Opel Astra or similar
Category B - Saloon Car
- €1,850 Four People, Two Rooms
- Škoda Octavia, Volkswagen Passat or similar
Category C - Minivan/People Carrier
- €2,460 Six People, Three Rooms
- Ford Galaxy or similar
Although our chosen accommodation providers are a blend of four star guesthouses and hotels which were hand-selected by Paul Rawlins, it is possible to upgrade your package to a five star accommodation tour. Also, it is possible to request a night in a castle, on a golf course or somewhere that you can take a boat ride. Our team of Celtic Rider staff are on hand to assist with your every request, please inquire about any day trips or specific accommodation that you desire.
The Celtic Rider Package
- Transfer to and from Celtic Rider Rental Station from either Dublin City or Dublin Airport
- Accommodation in Irish owned B&B guesthouses of a very high standard, personally hand selected by Paul Rawlins, founder of Celtic Rider
Sit through our award winning 2 hour Safety Orientation Course specifically designed for drivers from countries that drive on the rights hand side of the road. This is guaranteed to enhance your overall touring experience here in Ireland and has proven to be an invaluable experience for all of our past clients.
- You are covered with fully comprehensive insurance and we request no damage deposit for car tours!
All of our car tours set off with a full tank of fuel, please bring your car back full. There is a gas station only 2 kilometres from our premises.
- All of our cars are set up with the latest Garmin Zumo 595. Our award winning tours are pre-programmed for each day’s route. You will receive a map and a detailed itinerary at the beginning of your tour.
Breakdown cover is included.
Celtic Rider merchandise for everyone! This is inclusive of a t-shirt, baseball cap, neck buff, fleece hoody, badges and embroidery patch
If you do not have enough room in your car for your luggage you are welcome to store your luggage at our dedicated Luggage Storage Room for free.
A full breakfast is included every morning at your lodgings.
Some of Our Small Print
Drivers must be over 25 years of age and hold a full car licence for a minimum of one year. If any passengers wish to drive this is ok subject to prior arrangement, we simply ask all prospective drivers to sign the rental agreement and take a photocopy of their driving license.
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions